Have a wonderful and safe holiday with your loved ones! Merry Christmas! – Park Avenue Events Team
We, the Park Avenue Events team, love to plan and celebrate events but we are also passionate about giving back to our community. When looking for ways we could help, we discovered how important fundraising is for any non-profit organization. So we thought “What better way to combine our skills and help give back then to help plan a fundraiser!” We are so pleased to announce that this year, we are the chair for the Childspring International’s Gala in March 2015. This event will be held at a private club in Buckhead and we will be announcing more details very soon!
Childspring International is an organization that provides life changing medical treatment for children in developing countries. Childspring could not do this without the financial support and medical expertise of the community. We invite you to learn more by visiting their website at www.childspringintl.org . Their annual Gala is their biggest fundraiser for the organization and the funds raised help them to accomplish so much. Here some of the highlights of the organization’s accomplishments:
– To date over 2,000 children have received treatment through Childspring
Childspring International is such an amazing organization and we are honored to be a small part in affecting the lives of the children that support! Please join us in supporting them this year and for many more to come!
Keep checking back for more details on the Childspring International’s March Gala and how you can help.
Kimberly and Ralph’s wedding was everything you could imagine. We could go on and on about all the beautiful details of the wedding…from the gorgeous florals, lighting, draping and stunning cake… all of it combined was breathtaking! Plunge Flicks shared the highlight video with us and we know you will enjoy it as much as we did!
Venue: Fairfield Baptist, Caterer: Caterrific!, Florist: Jim White Designs, Photographer: Jaxon Photography, Bridal Cake: Cakes by La’Meeka, Chiavari Chair/Ghost Chair Rental: Sweet Seats, Draping/Lighting: Geri Sims, Hair Stylist: Sho Salon, Reception music (DJ): Premier Entertainment Atlanta, Reception Stationery: Rebecca Diane, Horse & Carriage: Nothhingham Shire & Carriage, Event Rentals: Event Rentals Unlimited, Harpist: Monica Hargrave, Makeup: Lewina Makeup, Band: PR Experience, Hair Stylist: NY Bridal Hairstyles, Linens: Cover Up Linens, Baby Sitting: Elegant Event Sitters, Valet Service: 180 Parking, Videography: Plunge Flicks
Ok, so he’s popped the question, you’ve set a date, now let’s talk about another fun part of the wedding planning process – engagement photos! Engagement photos are great for allowing you and your soon to be husband the opportunity to feel comfortable in front of the camera before the big wedding day! This is especially helpful for those of us that are a little camera shy. It’s also a great opportunity to get comfortable with your photographer, which enables the photographer to capture more natural interactions between you and your love.
When planning a location for your engagement session, make sure it’s in a place that captures your personalities. Here are a couple of questions to help you along with some suggestions:
Atlanta has a wide variety of options for engagement sessions. Some of the most common places for engagement pictures in Atlanta are the local parks; including Stone Mountain, Piedmont Park and Atlanta Botanical Gardens. Atlanta also has urban settings with cool graffiti features like the Krog Street Tunnel.
These fun and memorable images can also be used for your wedding such as save the date postcards, guest sign in books, gifts to parents, or even table signs instead of numbers. Last but not least, you can place the portraits in your new home you are starting together as husband and wife.
While many of us are enjoying the festivities of the holiday season, some lucky individuals are receiving a little something extra to make their season bright … aka an engagement ring! Although, not commonly known, Thanksgiving is the #1 holiday for engagements followed by Christmas, New Years and Valentines Day. This is what we wedding pros like to call Engagement Season and it’s such a wonderful time of the year! While we know it can be nerve racking for the guys out there, we thought we’d pass along a few pointers to help the gentlemen make that proposal extra special.
· Get the right ring – Now that you’ve made up your mind to ask your special lady for her hand in marriage, make sure you get the perfect ring that is right for her. If in doubt, ask for help from her best friend, mother or another important females in her life. OR if you’re creative enough (it’s ok if you are not) you can design one on your own. She will love that you put a lot of thought into it! After you’ve decided on the style of the perfect ring, be sure to go to a reputable jeweler.
· Ask Her Parents — We understand that some people aren’t what we would describe as traditional but if your girlfriend is, we recommend asking her father for her hand in marriage. Even if she isn’t, there is just something incredibly sweet about this tradition. If her father is deceased ask her mother or another father figure. She will definitely be impressed with your efforts.
· Personalize the Proposal – We’ve seen many great proposals on the Internet, but you will need to determine what is right for your lady. Would she prefer it to be at home with a quiet dinner, just the two of you or more public with a little extra wow factor? Do you want to surprise her? Why not host a secret proposal party with both families and closest friends? Or does she have a favorite pet? You could tie the ring around the neck of her furry loved one and coax it to over at just the right moment. Whatever you do, personalizing the proposal will get you brownie points for years to come.
· Capture this moment – Do hire a professional photographer or videographer to capture this special moment! Don’t leave this special moment up to just her memory. She will love that she can go back and look at this special moment over and over again.
· And Lastly DO get down on one knee. Yes, we said it! There is just something about this gesture that makes the proposal complete.
Still not sure what to do and you need a little extra help planning that perfect proposal, let us help you! Park Avenue can help you create the perfect moment, just give us a call.